- Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- All hired goods remain the property of the owner, French & Launders, Unit 11 Neilston Street, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV31 2AZ.
- During the period the goods are on hire, the hirer shall be solely responsible for the hired goods, and alone be responsible for insuring the goods of acceptance of the goods until the return and acceptance of the goods back into the possession of the owner.
- The owner shall not be responsible for the injury or damage to persons or property howsoever sustained arising from any goods under hire. It is the responsibility of the hirer to fully indemnify the owner in respect of all claims by any person whosoever for any accident or damaged caused by, or arising from the use of hired goods, and in respect to all costs arising thereof.
- The owner will endeavour to supply the specific goods requested, however, the owner reserves the right to supply the hirer with similar substitute goods where necessary.
- Shortages and damages to hired goods will be charged at full replacement value, (details of which are available on request). No substitute will be accepted by the owner. Damaged cloths include those that exhibit the following signs:
- Wet linen must not be placed in plastic bags, as this can cause mildew.
- Items marked with foot prints, ink, crayons or have been dragged on the floor that cannot be removed will be charged at full replacement cost.
- All tears and burns will be charged at full replacement cost.
- Any lost items or Linen not returned will be charged at full replacement cost.
- Please ensure all food, table confetti, party streamers etc are shaken from the cloths before returning them , as these can cause staining – and result in replacement costs.
- Goods that are returned with candle wax will treated with an appropriate wash programme. A charge will be made for this. If the goods do not respond to this programme, the hirer will be charged the full replacement cost.
- The hirer may request the return of any damaged goods (bearing the cost thereof) within 14 days of being informed of any such damage. After 14 days such items shall be disposed of.
- At the time when goods on hire are collected by or delivered to the hirer or his representatives, the hirer has the responsibility for inspecting the goods and signing the owners collection/delivery note. In the event of shortage or damage, the hirer shall endorse the note accordingly at the time of collection or delivery. If the hirer fails to perform any of his obligations under this condition, all goods will be deemed to have been collected/delivered in a satisfactory condition and specified in the collection/delivery note.
- Whosoever from the hirer signs the collection/delivery is deemed by the owner to be the appointed and authorized representative of the hirer, and full responsibility for the goods is transferred to the hirer from that point, until the collections/delivery of the goods.
- If the Hirer has any complaint with regards to the condition of the goods hired, the Owner must be informed immediately in writing by fax or by email. The Owner will not consider a redress once the items have been used.
- Goods must be available for collection at the delivery address, and during working hours, unless otherwise arranged at the time of the order. All deliveries and collections, including aborted deliveries and collections are subject to charge.
- Prices quoted are for the hire of goods up to and including 3 days, inclusive of delivery and collection days. Goods requested for between 3 and 7 days shall be charged additional 30% of the listed hire charge unless otherwise arranged at the time of the order. Extended hire are liable to be charged at additional rates, as agreed by the owner and hirer.
- All prices subject to VAT at the standard rate.
- In case of a non-account customers, a refundable sum is payable in addition to the hire charges and at the option of the owner may be used towards any monies due from the hirer to the owner. It is only refundable after all such sums have been deducted.
- These terms of hire shall be subject to English law and the English courts will have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute arising.
- All goods must be returned to the owner in the original packaging, or in a suitable, secure alternative, and in a dry state.
Placing an Order
- It is recommended that orders be placed a minimum of 48 hours in advance of delivery to ensure stock availability.
- All orders must be confirmed by email to email@example.com
- Deliveries are to the main entrance or ground level loading bay.
- All Goods must be returned in the original containers and/or laundry bags provided. Loss of or damage of any of these items will be charged at full replacement cost.
- Should the driver be kept waiting whilst attempting a delivery or collection an additional charge will be imposed.
- Drivers collecting goods are not authorised to check goods.
- The Owner will make every effort to effect delivery and collections at the times agreed, however no responsibility will be taken if these times are not met. Removal of the goods will take place as soon as possible after the event – it is the Hirers responsibility to ensure that goods are kept in a safe and dry place until the Owner collect the goods.
- Any goods returned which do not belong the owner will be notified to the hirer. If they are not collected within 28 days of notification, the Owner reserves the right to dispose of them.
- The Owner will require access to a contracted account at monthly intervals to check and stock take its own equipment.
- For non-account holders, payment in full is required before goods are released.
- Cheques are only accepted if accompanied by a cheque guarantee card unless the cheque has been received at least 7 working days prior to the order delivery date.
- Any payment that is returned by the bank is subject to a £30 surcharge.
- All account holders are expected to settle their invoices in full no later than 30 days after the date of the invoice.
- Invoice queries must be notified within 1 week of receipt of invoice.
- Any shortage or damage to the goods or packaging will be charged according to the full replacement value at the time of hire.
- No charges will be incurred should cancellations be received 1 week prior to delivery. Cancellation of orders within 7 days is chargeable at 30%. Within 48 hours it is fully chargeable.
- Any goods manufactured specifically for a Hirer will be charged in full, irrespective of when the cancellation takes place.